Got Sunday leftovers? Try tossing some left over sliced roast meat with egg noodles, crunchy bean sprouts, fresh leeks and nuts in a warming ginger, chilli and garlic and you have a super tasty meal in minutes.
- 150g Roast Pork cut into 1cm pieces
- 50g sliced baby leeks
- 50g cashew nuts
- 200g bean sprouts
- One portion of egg noodles cooked as per the packet instructions
- Teaspoon of oil (for frying)
- Teaspoon of sugar
- One clove of garlic (grated)
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger (grated)
- 2cm piece of fresh red chilli (sliced thinly)
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
In a small bowl mix together the sugar, salt, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and red chilli. Set to one side.
Cook the egg noodles according to the packet directions (usually three minutes in boiling water), drain and set aside.
In a wok or frying pan heat the oil. Add the bean sprouts and leeks and cook for one minute before adding the pork.
Pour over the soy sauce mixture, toss the leeks, bean sprouts and pork in the sauce to ensure an even coverage. Cook for a further three minutes before adding the cashew nuts and the egg noodles, toss again and cook for one more minute before serving.
This will serve two as a light meal or one as a good sized main course.