Simple, quick and super fresh. Ideal as a quick pizza topping or for stirring through steaming hot pasta.
- Ten or twelve medium sized tomatoes, washed and left whole
- A red pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- A handful of tarragon, chopped finely
- A whole clove of garlic, left in its papery skin
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A gloss of good quality oil such as olive or avocado
Heat the oven to 180ºC.
In a large tray arrange the tomatoes, pepper and garlic bulb. Scatter over the salt and tarragon and gloss over the oil.
Roast in the over for 45 minutes until the tomatoes have taken on some colour and the garlic is soft. When the garlic is cool enough to handle, separate the cloves and squeeze out the garlic into a blender. Discard the papery skins. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Decant in to a sterilised jar. Keep refrigerated.